Monday 9 June 2008

I am SO proud!

When we went on holiday I took Pickle's 'wordbox' from school. The name is a little misleading as it is not a box at all but a plastic, zip up folder containing 10 laminated printed words for Pickle to read. There are 36 of these to get through and I am proud to say Pickle only has about 3 more to go. This means she will be able to read all the 'high usage' words, which can be read phonetically.
How it works is, I show her the word and she reads it back to me, usually giving a meaning to the word, so I know she understands it.
One of the words on holiday was

BRAND

Pickle : B R AN D......Brand......Is that like RUSSELL BRAND Mummy???



ME: YES YES YES!!

I am so proud of my 5 year old!

4 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Go Pickle, hee hee. and I promise I haven't forgotten your prize. We're jsut a bit brassic at the moment. Sighhh. x

Hoffy Swims said...

B R A N D - That'll be the two-way channel swimmer? LOL!

Picklesmum said...

Hoffy - Looks like Mr Brand beat you to it!

Bury Boy said...

does the pack contain the word speedo ?